Monday, January 10, 2011

If you've seen Solaris

then continue. If not, click a different title.


Near the end, has Chris returned to Earth in his own reality, in an alternate reality, or not at all?

Mrs. Wife-Lady told me something that I was, disconcertingly, too dense to realize myself: The Chris Kelvin who embraces Pseudo-Rheya at the very end is not the Chris we've been watching all this time, but a Solaris duplicate with his memories. Probably. In which case this Chris' happy ending does our Chris no good. Our Chris is dead, finito, kaput. Right?

2 comments:

  1. Oh, don't be disconcerted. This is perhaps the correct view of the ending.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, I actually haven't seen the film, but I wanted to check out the Spoilers aspect of your blog.

    What a bummer about Solaris. :( Poor George Clooney. Well, one of him at least...

    ReplyDelete